Various clinical situations
1. Single missing tooth- 1 implant
2. Multiple missing teeth- 2,3 upto 6 implants in the upper and lower jaw connected by bridges
3. Implant supported complete denture( hybrid/ ball n socket)- for replacement of all teeth. 2-4 implants in each arch.
4. Implant supported overenture- 2-4 implants.
5. Full mouth rehabilitation with multiple implants
1. Systemically healthy patient
2. Relatively contraindicated in smokers, diabetics, osteoporotic patients etc.
3. Absolutely Contraindicated in handicapped, mentally retarded patients and those with night grinding and clenching habits (chance of applying excessive forces on the implant leading to failure), and those who have undergone radiation therapy in head and neck region.
4. Adequate height, width of the remaining jaw bone and a good quality of bone.
5. No skeletal or dental problems in occlusion which may lead to overclosure or cross bite leading to abnormal forces on the implant and prosthesis.
6. Radiographic analysis- patients have to get a full set of IOPA radiographs, OPG and special investigations like CBCT, complete blood count, full hematologic testing and checking for any allergies.
7. Known diabetics, patients with cardiac problems ,patients on blood thinning drugs like aspirin or clopidogrel, respiratory conditions(asthma), blood disorders, patients with liver failure, chronic renal disease, lactating women, need prior consent from physician and required tests need to be carried out prior to implant surgery.
8. Time for the entire procedure right from treatment planning to placement of implants and then final prosthesis- 2-4 months in the upper jaw and 1-2 months in the lower jaw.
9. Number of visits required-4-5 in the above given span of time.
Advanced implant surgical procedures
1. Augmentation of the jaw bone width: In cases where there is decrease in the width of jaw bone surgical procedures like ridge splitting, placement of bone grafts can be done to increase the width thus making it possible to place implants,
2. Augmentation of the height( maxillary posterior region where close proximity to the maxillary sinus).
3. Augmentation of attached gingiva around implants
4. Atraumatic extraction of tooth followed by immediate implant placement.
5. Tooth in an hour implants restored with final prosthesis in the same visit.